This program was just suggested by Malcolm Gladwell on Twitter
Boston Children’s Hospital is offering a weight-loss program for adults. The benefits are free housing, gourmet meals and up to $10,000.
The study is conducted by Framingham State University, Boston Children’s Hospital, Indiana University Bloomington, University of Alabama at Birmingham and Baylor University.
According to the website,
YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE STUDY IF YOU ARE:
- 18 to 50 years old
- have a BMI between 27 and 40
- interested in healthy weight loss
- able to live (and work remotely if possible) full-time in a residential retreat for 13 weeks
POTENTIAL BENEFITS FROM PARTICIPATION INCLUDE:
- Free Meals ProvidedAs a participant, you receive home meal deliveries for three months to help you lose 15 percent of your body weight. This will be followed by a 13-week expense-free stay in a private room at a residential retreat with meals prepared by a professional chef. The purpose of the study is to examine if one diet is better than another for weight-loss maintenance.
- Nutritional CounselingEnjoy one-on-one nutritional counseling to support your weight-loss journey. We will have scheduled appointments with weight-loss consultants to help you make the correct dietary decisions after you complete the study.
- Personalized Health ReportAll participants will be provided a personalized health report including changes in body fat, lean mass, blood pressure and cholesterol levels. This valuable insight will help demonstrate the impact your diet is having on your body.
- Advancing Scientific ResearchEvery participant will have the opportunity to advance science by taking part in a groundbreaking study of how diet impacts biology.
- Earn Money While Eating HealthyIn addition to losing weight, improving your diet, and better understanding your body, you can earn up to $10,000 for participation in the FB4 weight-loss research study.